AESG Environmental Assessments
Environmental assessment is at the core of our services in environmental consultancy. Our team of specialised consultants have sound knowledge and experience in conducting Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) and Preliminary Environmental Reviews (PER) according to local standards such as the EAD as well as international standards such as the USEPA (U.S Environment Protection Agency). Furthermore, our consultants have previously conducted environmental assessments according to the ASTM Phase I, II, and III standards (American Society of Testing and Materials).
Our most recent project entailed the development of an Environmental Impact Assessment as per the EAD requirements for a major industrial facility in Abu Dhabi. The project tasks consisted of the following:
- A baseline study to contextualise the environment through air, noise, soil and groundwater testing.
- A thorough review of relevant local, regional and international standards and codes.
- Identification of potential impacts and evaluating them by significance, magnitude, reversibility, extent, type, and permanence.
- Correlation of mitigation measures and a thorough monitoring programme to ensure their effectiveness.
- Identification of residual risks and hazards from the construction, operation and decommissioning of this project.