An essential element of our environmental offering is the ability to offer expert ecological services in-house. The AESG Environment Team includes specialists that are familiar with the unique ecosystems present in the UAE and wider Arabian Peninsula region. This allows comprehensive and thorough integration of marine and ecological components when delivering large-scale environmental projects such as Environmental Impact Assessments.
Additionally, AESG can provide stand-alone baseline studies ranging from high-level rapid surveying to detailed biodiversity assessments in both terrestrial and marine environments. A variety of survey methods can be applied which are tailored to the needs of the project on a case-by-case basis, including transects, camera trapping, nocturnal surveying, and SCUBA diving surveys.
AESG can develop and deliver tailored marine and terrestrial ecological management plans for individual projects that provide creative solutions to minimizing ecological impacts while meeting project requirements and client needs, ranging from conservation plans to compensation and restoration strategies.
Examples of ecological and marine services that AESG can provide include:
- Biodiversity Assessment Study
- Terrestrial Ecology Baseline Study
- Marine Ecology Baseline Study
- Mangrove Survey
- Tree Tagging Survey
- Habitat Mapping
- Relocation Method Statements
- Mangrove Management Plan
- Ecological Compensation Plan
- Habitat Restoration Plan
- ESTIDAMA Natural Systems Credits NS-3, NS-4 (Ecological Enhancement, Habitat Creation)
- LEED Sustainable Sites Credits (Site Development – Protected or Restore Habitat, Open Space)