Maktoum Hospital Redevelopment
The Maktoum Hospital Redevelopment project is a new tourist and shopping destination due to be constructed at the site of the original Maktoum hospital in Deira, Dubai.
The project consists of a heritage souq with a number of external walkways and a museum showcasing artefacts relating to the history of the hospital. The project is currently at the final stages of Design and consists of a built up area of 222,000 sqft.
AESG have been appointed to provide specialist sustainability services to evaluate the feasibility of passive measures in reducing the heat island effect within the external walking corridors. This includes a comprehensive review of the architectural massing and constructional methodology of the project.
- Site evaluation to obtain temperature and wind gradients
- Impact evaluation of the existing design in mitigating the heat island effect
- Analyse additional heat reduction opportunities that can be utilized for the project.
- Analyse Architectural and Engineering requirements for the heat reduction strategies.
- Perform economical feasibility analysis on the heat reduction strategies proposed.
- Package findings and analysis into initial feasibility study with recommendations.