Al Hamra Tower Fire and Life Safety System Verification
Al Hamra Tower is a 1.9 million sqft sculptured building that houses shell and core office space constructed above a luxury shopping centre in the heart of Kuwait city and is currently the tallest building in Kuwait. The total construction cost of this facility was approximately $550 million. The project began construction in 2006. The project incorporates an energy efficient design with the goal of obtaining a high performance, low maintenance, low operating cost facility achieved through sustainable and energy efficient design features.
AESG were appointed by the Client representative for independent verification services on the project.
- Independent review of fire and life safety strategy
- Fire and life safety system design review
- Independent review of cause and effect matrix
- Testing and commissioning of fire and life safety systems including:
- – Fire Alarm Systems
- – Smoke Extract Systems
- – Stairwell pressurization
- – Compartmentalization
- – Cause and Effect
The scope of work pertaining to fire and life safety included: